Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chinese New Year’s:

We had a New Year’s party here at the school tonight. It was all of us guys, plus three Russian girls Lion invited over, and another part-time student of the school named Daniel. There was a ridiculous amount of food to eat, delicious, but too much. We had a merry enough time, but conversation was divided since the Russians don’t speak too much English, and none of us speak any Russian. I had to put up with a bit of shit from Charlie, which was really annoying. He thinks it's the biggest joke to call people out on how lazy they’re being in their training. I don’t appreciate it. I’m not being lazy. Maybe that’s just the way he is, but that’s not how I am, and I’m not willing to put up with it (post script— he came and apologized later saying he had had a bit to drink).

Still, good times were had. They’re all headed off to Ali Baba’s to drink, drink, and drink some more. I figure I’ll stay here and watch a movie. It’s not that I don’t enjoy their company, it’s just that there’s a limited selection of activities for me at the bar. I don’t drink, I don’t dance, and I don’t speak Chinese. Besides, I don’t like tobacco smoke and the bar is quite full of it in the later hours. I may not get a great night’s sleep either way, however, because the fireworks are expected to continue all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment