Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blue Sky Friday



Mmmm, what a great day it’s been so far. I got to bed nice and early yesterday, woke up about as happy as possible, went to breakfast, watched Starcraft (in the early morning there’s plenty of bandwidth), and went out to train. It was sunny— not exactly warm, but breezy and refreshing for the morning jog. Training went smoothly. The master complimented my punch, we worked on forms, and went to Chi Gung, which was amazingly successful. There was some Korean chicken curry for lunch too, things are peachy in Yantai today.

After lunch the master called a meeting to explain that this afternoon will be power training (lots of exercise, but not much Kung Fu). If we train hard with weights on a normal day, the next day’s training will suffer, so from now on Friday will be our power-training day. I’m not looking forward to it, but it’s only two hours, and nothing holds us to the regimen besides the honor system (easily marginalized by rationalization).

My room is very clean this week, the master told me I needed to keep tidy or I wouldn't be able to rest properly. His room is spotless and practically empty, save for his blankets, which lay folded and stacked during the day. I’ve noticed the master also eats every last grain of rice from his bowl at meals, and so do I now.


P.S. Thanks to the commenters, it’s fun knowing you’re reading, and I appreciate the encouragement.

Edit-- We were not left to the honor system, that training was tough! I got to laugh it up some though, because I got to watch Charlie and Tom try the stretch the master makes me do ^__^.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Son! Good to hear things are good in China. Tell 'The Master' that as he is way too far away there is (so far as I can imagine) no way for him to make me clean my room. I love you, I miss you, and I am glad that you are getting to do what you want. Talk to you soon, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless I missed it, I never heard how the shoes are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe someone figured out how to get you to clean your room! It never worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great fun reading this and seeing what an amazing thing you are doing.

    ReplyDelete