Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm in a pretty good mood recently, I feel like the body's finally on the mend, albeit slowly. Joy and I have switched off, so I stay up late and she gets up early, which is just peachY. Plus Lao Luao and James have gone on vacation to Tibet, so the days are much quieter.

I've been putting a lot of thought into future (work/education) plans, but results are less than forthcoming. Teaching continues to be an option, but I don't know that I could stomach all the regulations. I do love explaining, and I get along well with young people, but is that enough? Summers would be free, and that's nice, but I have to consider that, even though younger people can be entertaining, I'd spend much of the day without any adult interaction. Talking with people certainly makes the days faster, and usually better, so I'd be loathe to miss that. And again with the regulations, if there's anything I hate doing it's following pathetic rules.

It's also occurred to me that environmental work could be engaging, yet I have little idea of what people in that field actually do, or how to get into it. I have been researching a bit, but information is strangely scattered concerning what I assumed to be a well documented field. Ah well, at least I have this time to think.

1 comment:

  1. Teachers have summer off, technically. But Taylor, good teachers never stop thinking about teaching and making things better, and while technically you don't have to report to school, your mind is always there. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete