Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Big (sort of) Spruce

 

This is the tree I've had my eyes on. It's big, in my opinion, but I think it has an awesome trunk for its size, and it's in a location that will be relatively easy to extract it from. Here it is from the other side:



I think this side, or something near it, would make the best front for the tree, because even though the other trunk is lost, the main trunk has a weird reverse taper when viewed from the opposite perspective.

Check out how it tapers off swiftly:



Here's a shot of the trunk near the ground from the bad side, you can see what I mean about the taper.





































I will be going out again soon to think about this tree, probably several times, before digging it up, any suggestions and advice will be appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment